Data and Healthcare
The reason why health care is one of the prime clients of Data Science is that it has been generating massive amounts of data for ages, and now is the time to really push this data to the limits which haven’t been unlocked yet. From precision medication to advanced wearable devices to modern methods of drug discovery, Data Science is changing the way we know healthcare today. Following are some factors how data science is creating wonders in the Healthcare industry:
- Developing New Drugs: Medicines are why people go to hospitals, and you’ll be surprised to know that every single medicine, which you see in a store has been developed by continuous research of many years and huge investments. And unfortunately, many of the newly discovered drugs prove to be a failure. With the help of Data Science, Laboratories can now reduce the time and energy required for developing new drugs. We can combine the case studies, treatment records, tests results etc and utilize machine learning algorithms to create simulations which would tell us in advance whether a drug is going to work on the human body. Not only this, but we are also able to predict how the genes in our body are going to be affected by the drug. This is not only going to increase the speed of research, but also reduce the wastage of money.
- Advanced Wearable devices: Wearable devices are now all set to become our new health-guards. They can give us time to time update of our and our family members’ health status and record the data for further reference. Moreover, they can detect even the slightest disorder in the working of our body system and inform us immediately. They can detect the diseases even before the symptoms have surfaced.
- Diagnosis: It’s a sad truth that even after the development of modern technologies, thousands of inaccurate diagnoses occur every year. There is sufficient data to prevent these mistakes, but the traditional techniques are not able to exploit the data. With the help of Data Science, we can now carry out extensive medical tests and analyze large amount of data make accurate diagnoses in almost no time. This is also helping the doctors in detecting chronic diseases in very early stages.
- Precision Medicines: If we look at the traditional methods of Medical Science, we’ll find that there are various sets of problems and particular tests and medicines have been assigned to them. This way, one particular test or medicine is prescribed in all the related diseases. With Data Science, now it is possible to understand the exact problem and devising medicines and doses accordingly.
- Developing Cures for Incurable Diseases: A large amount of money and energy is being invested in developing cures for inaccurate disease all over the world. Data Science is helping them come together and share each other’s studies, and this is ultimately going to increase the speed of researches. The time’s not far when we’ll have a cure for every single disease on the planet.