Pledging to cut down your food squander includes greater foods scheduling.
Pro idea: When you have a trip coming up, it’s time to cleanse out the fridge.
When you are heading out to vacation and will be absent from home for a when, it’s ideal to prepare dinner from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Resist the urge to do much more grocery browsing. In its place, consider a glance at what you have and use it up. That way, you go away driving almost nothing to spoil whilst you’re long gone, and you will not by way of any food stuff absent.
Use What You Have
I lately cleared out my fridge and came up with a program:
- I experienced 50 % a jar of pasta sauce, so prepared tortellini a single night time with it.
- I ate the cooked leftovers as lunch.
- I experienced lettuce, onion, celery and some tomatoes, so I planned a large tossed salad.
- I snacked on the remaining apples.
- I experienced some blueberries and greek yogurt, so I manufactured salad dressing with it.
Zero Waste Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
I experienced leftover blueberries so I utilized them to generate a salad dressing.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- ground pepper to style
Pulse blueberries, lime juice, yogurt, and vinegar in a food items processor right until blended
Include the olive oil and mix.
Period to flavor with salt and pepper, and pulse once again until sleek and creamy.