GREENSBORO — The Guilford County Division of Public Wellbeing has been named the 2021 North Carolina Community Wellness Association Dr. Sarah Taylor Morrow Wellbeing Office of the 12 months. This award is supplied to wellness departments who have shown excellent and exemplary health and fitness initiatives and packages.
The health division was awarded the NCPHA Wellbeing Section of the Yr for its exclusive potential to provide COVID-19 services whilst concurrently addressing precedence health issues in Guilford County. Dr. Iulia Vann is director of the Guilford County health office.
“Receiving this award is a full-circle and historic moment for the GCDPH — as the award is named in honor of Guilford County’s really initially woman General public Health Director, Dr. Sarah T. Morrow,” Vann said in a information launch.
“When Dr. Morrow, who even now follows us extremely intently from her house in Wilmington, NC, identified out that we obtained this award she claimed, ‘Well of course they did!’ This is this sort of a distinctive instant for us and it is certainly an honor to continue on the loaded legacy of monumental achievements in public wellbeing in Guilford County,” Vann explained.
Men and women are also reading…
Some of the department’s get the job done acknowledged in the determination includes:
- Guilford County Formerly Incarcerated Transition Software
- Treatment management for superior possibility pregnancy
- Addressing the needs of local community customers with housing insecurity
- Collaborative opioid recognition and outreach attempts
- COVID-19 tests, agreement tracing, surveillance, vaccinations, mitigation and a nationally acknowledged conversation campaign.
Award winners acquire a prize of $1,000.