Are you frustrated with your teeth problems? Wondering, what are the options to straighten your teeth apart from traditional braces? There are few ways you can straighten your teeth these days. It also depends on the condition of your teeth and your age. Teeth straightening are the process of moving the teeth into their correct position with an external force. It is aimed to improve your teeth health if you have crooked teeth, underbites, overbites, deep bites, teeth gaps, etc. Talk with your orthodontics and decide how to get a solution to your problem. Today in this article, we will discuss the types of dental braces, their pros, cons, and their use. Among all the braces we will discuss today, remember traditional fixed braces are the oldest braces used for teeth straightening.
What are Dental Braces?
Today dental braces are the most effective weapon used by orthodontics. They use it to treat an open bite, crossbite, overbite, crooked teeth, and spaces between your teeth. They are orthodontic devices that are used for aligning your teeth. Mostly, used for children, but even many adults also use these braces to correct their smile. Dental braces not only improve the appearance of your teeth but also take care of overall dental health.
How do Dental Braces Work?
Dental braces are placed on the teeth arch, this helps to apply constant pressure on the teeth. Over time, using regularly these dental braces helps to position the teeth at their desired alignment. Dental braces consist of brackets, bonding materials, orthodontic bands, etc.
What are the Advantages of Dental Braces?
Braces are used to place your teeth properly into their correct destination. Let us understand its advantages in detail.
- It helps to correct misaligned teeth
- It helps to improve bite issues
- It helps to prevent the decay of the jawbone
- Aligns crooked teeth
- Increases self-confidence
- It covers up the gap within teeth
- It helps in stopping many future dental problems
What are the Types of Dental Braces?
These are the most popular types of teeth straightening braces.
- Metal Braces
- Ceramic Braces
- Lingual Braces
- Invisible Braces
Metal braces are the most common type of braces used in orthodontic treatment. They are smaller, flatter, and more comfortable to use. It is one of the most popular braces used by all ages to achieve a straight and beautiful smile.
Pros of Metal Braces
- Metal braces are cost-effective orthodontic treatments
- You can opt for multicolor wires for the treatment
Cons of Metal Braces
- They are the most prominent and visible braces
- It is non-removable braces
They are similar to metal braces in share and size. They use transparent or clear braces. They are less noticeable, and young people can opt for such braces.
Pros of Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic braces give compelling results in a short time
- They are non-noticeable braces when compared to metal braces
Cons of Ceramic Braces
- Ceramic brackets may discolor over time
- They are more precious than metal braces
- They require great care to maintain hygiene
- They have a clear vision
Lingual braces are not for everyone. Only if you have overbite troubles then lingual braces are helpful. Lingual braces are used less in dental treatments. Consult with your dentist and use lingual braces.
Pros of Lingual Braces
- They are invisible as they are fixed on the inner part of your teeth
Cons Lingual Braces
- They are pretty pricey
- Lingual braces are difficult to clean
- They are not suitable for complicated dental issues
- Lingual braces cause discomfort at the beginning stage
The teeth aligners resemble a mouthguard. They are the most famous choices in orthodontic treatments. It is made of clear plastic, so they are hard to spot. Remember, these aligners get changed after every two weeks.
Pros of Invisalign
- You are not limited to any food and drinks
- They are invisible
Cons of Invisalign
- Every replacement of aligners are costly
- Not suitable for complicated dental problems
- This treatment is only for teens and adults
- They do not give a faster result like traditional braces
- It is of the most expensive options
We hope now you have got some idea of braces so it will be easier for you to make the correct decision. For any orthodontic treatments, you can consult us. We can help you find the smile which you always wanted. Don’t be dishearten with your misaligned teeth. We can help you get back your confidence and your smile. We can also help you solve the overall dental problem. Our team of a doctor can suggest you the best option for your dental problem. Be believed modern braces can achieve excellent results in less time. If you are ready to start your dental journey with us, click the book an appointment option. We are here to help you.